How to Connect WiFi to Your LG TV: A Complete Guide
If you have recently purchased an LG TV with a good warranty but have not yet turned on the WiFi, then it is time to do so. Streaming your favorite shows is one of the most exciting aspects of owning a smart TV.
However, if you are unsure about how to connect your LG TV to WiFi, or are facing error messages or other problems, it can be frustrating. The good news is that it is not difficult to connect WiFi to an LG TV, when you know what to look for.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of troubleshooting the issue if your LG TV is not connecting to WiFi. We will also provide you with a complete guide on how to turn on the WiFi on your LG TV and connect it to your network.
LG TV Not Connecting to WiFi
If your LG TV is not connecting to your WiFi network, there is no need to worry. There are just a few steps to fix this problem in no time, and you will have WiFi connection on your LG TV again. It does not matter if you have a problem connecting to WiFi. You can adjust the TV’s location or talk to a professional technician to fix it for you.
Here is a complete guide to troubleshooting the WiFi issue not connecting to WiFi. You can take guidance from it and have your WiFi connected again on your LG TV.
For What Reason Is My LG TV WiFi Turned Off?
If your LG TV WiFi is turned off, the first thing you should check is whether the WiFi setting is on or not. Or the WiFi device has a strong signal enough. It might be possible that someone has turned the device off, and it is not to your knowledge.
Sometimes it may be a software issue. You may not have the software configurations up to date. The other reason may be the wrong date and time, or DNS address or DNS settings can also cause a hurdle in turning WiFi on.
How to Turn WiFi on LG TV
Follow these steps to turn on WiFi:
- Press the Home button from your remote and go to Settings at the top right side of the screen.
- In the Network Connection in the Network menu interface, select Network.
- Choose your wireless network and input your IP address and password.
- Your LG TV should be connected to WiFi now.
Connecting Your LG TV to WiFi
Here are the steps to connect your LG TV to WiFi:
- Select the gear button of your remote to bring a quick menu.
- Go down until you find the Network option.
- Press the center button to select Network.
- Now, settings will be opened on the TV. Click the right arrow to go to settings.
- Select the WiFi connection option by scrolling down by the center button of your remote.
- Press the center button again to turn on WiFi.
- Select your desired WiFi network by pressing the center button of the remote.
- If you have a password-protected WiFi, enter the password and hit OK.
- Now select connect option from the center button of the remote to connect WiFi on the TV.
- Check your WiFi; if it is working, go to the Home option and go to apps, browsers, and streaming services.
Update LG Smart TVs Software & Firmware
Software updates are a fundamental part of smart devices. They add new features, make the software more advanced, and fix any bugs if present. If you have an LG TV, you can set it automatically for its software and firmware update.
If your TV cannot check updates for you, you can manually download and install them through USB. If you want your LG TV software updated, you should enable the software updates option. Let’s have a look at the steps to update the software:
- Press the settings button on your LG TV remote control.
- Select All Settings.
- Go to the General tab on the setting menu and open About This TV.
- Now, click the Check for Updates button.
- If the new software update is available, click on the Download and Install button.
- If you want your LG TV to update software manually, search for the “allow automatic updates” option and click on it.
You can update firmware manually through USB. For this, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the LG TV firmware from the app store. Check the hard drives or model number on the sticker where product details are given on the backside of the TV.
- If the TV is mounted on the wall, then go to Settings > General > About This TV > TV Information to find the model number.
- Now open the LG support page in the web browser, select your region and country, then click on the Support tab.
- Enter your model number in the search field and select your product.
- Click on the software file under software and driver.
- When the firmware zip file is downloaded, place it on the desktop.
- Now rename the firmware folder name to LG-DTV.
- Save the LG-DTV containing the firmware file to a USB pen drive.
- Insert pen drive to LG TV.
- As the pen drive is connected, it will take a bit to display. Click on the Stay option so that your TV can detect firmware files.
- When you see the USB update ready, click on the install button for software updates.
- Wait until the update is finished, then restart your computer to check the software updates on your LG TV.
Alternatives to connecting WiFi to your LG TV
If all of the above methods don’t work, you can try some alternatives to connect WiFi to your LG TV. Some of them are:
- Wired connection/Ethernet: You can also try an Ethernet cable directly connecting to your router. Many people have tried this to establish a WiFi connection on their LG TV. It will help you figure out the exact problem. If WiFi works fine with Ethernet, it means there is a fault in the router or internet server. If the problem persists, then your TV has some issues.
- Streaming device: You will have to spend some extra money on it. But it will fix your problem. Buying new devices for streaming like Amazon or Roku is much cheaper than buying new parts for your LG TV. Streaming devices are renowned for being much smarter than smart TVs.
- Gaming console: If you have an LG smart TV, you can download the Stadia app on your TV to play games with the Stadia controller. For this, you need a Stadia account, an internet connection, an LG webOS smart TV, and a Stadia controller.
- To launch the game, go to the Stadia home screen, select the game you want to play, then select play.
Another option for connecting your LG TV to the internet is through a gaming console. If you have an LG smart TV, you can download the Stadia app on your TV and play games with the Stadia controller. However, for this option, you will need a Stadia account, an internet connection, an LG webOS smart TV, and a Stadia controller.
To launch a game, go to the Stadia home screen, select the game you want to play, then select “Play.” Once you are assigned to the Stadia app, access the Stadia menu, press the Stadia button on your controller, and touch the gamepad on your mobile device. You can also press the home button or select “Avatar” at the right corner of the screen.
In conclusion, if you have purchased a new LG TV with a good warranty, but you are unsure how to connect it to Wi-Fi, do not worry. Connecting Wi-Fi to an LG TV is a straightforward process, and with the help of this article, you should be able to do it without any issues. Remember to follow the troubleshooting steps provided if you face any connectivity issues. By doing so, you will enjoy streaming your favorite shows in no time.