We are in the age of the specialist and the expert. There is more of a need for experts in various fields today than there has ever been before. Employers need highly skilled people to advise and to apply specific skill sets to tasks and projects that they need to get things done. People search for these things online everyday. In fact, the words, “online schools” and “informational products” receive thousands of hits daily.
This shows the public need for information and it is an excellent way for the business owner to tap into this opportunity to sell online. Some business owners may say, “Sell informational products online? How will that improve my brand?”
They think it can’t be that simple.
The Business Owner as Expert
As a business owner, you should consider yourself an expert in your industry. Your customers should come to you when they have a question that concerns your business and niche area. You are considered an expert in your field. This is how you build your credibility with customers and promote your ideas through your brand.
Business owners know this and most understand that they should promote themselves as an expert through blogs, videos, and other methods. But some still do not understand the importance of using online sales to promote their brand and ideas.
So if you have never thought about selling online, you should consider it. Below are some of the reasons why you should think about adding online sales to your website if you have not done so yet.
Reasons to Sell Online
There are several reasons as to why you should sell online if you are an expert in any area or if you own a business. Remember that business owners are experts so, if you have an online website but you still do not have an online eCommerce site set up, you may want to do so now.
- It helps you establish your brand.– One of the most important things about building your business is to promote your brand as a unique identity so that others can see that you are a credible entity and someone they can trust to do business with.
- It emphasizes your expertise and improves credibility.– Credibility is essential to growing your business. You want to be seen as an expert about your products and services. This will serve to increase your customer loyalty and have them look to you for advice. People do business with those they admire and respect. Having an online store that focuses on your niche area helps to establish this.
- It increases your leads and revenue.– What is better than something that will increase your leads generation and sales revenue? Product or information sales are some of the best ways possible to make money online. Do you really want to pass up on the opportunity to increase your income potential?
- You can sell informational products too!– If you want to establish yourself as an expert, why not write eBooks and produce digital media of informational products to help establish your knowledge in your field? Informational products are a billion dollar business today and there are many ways that you can tap into this lucrative sales opportunity. (Forbes)
- It creates a dialogue with customers.– Once you have set up your online store and started selling products to people, you open the door for a discussion with your customers. You’ll find out what they like (or don’t like) through customer service comments and complaints and learn more about how you can service your primary audience and clientele.
All of these things are advantageous to you as a business owner as you can use your storefront to sell and increase your revenue, improve your credibility as a business owner, and start a discussion with potential customers while generating new sales. In short, creating an online sales portal is the ultimate final part of your sales funnel in which your information, expertise, and website leads to increased sales and revenue for your brand.
Where to start?
The hardest thing with any project is getting it started. It can be confusing as to what types of tools to use in order to promote your ideas. You need to make sure you have a platform that will do what you need it to do. Many people go through a number of different types of tools before they decide on the one that will work for their business.
The Cost of Trial and Error
If you have purchased any product or software system in the past few years, you know it can be costly. The cost is not because you have to pay for the ideal solution one time. The cost comes with the fact that you have to try a number of different programs before you find one that really works for you.
The key to overcoming this issue is in doing your research and homework before purchasing so that you will have a knowledge of what it will do beforehand. Having to buy a number of SaaS products or software solutions to run your website or online shopping eCommerce site is a waste of time and money.
Your goal as a business owner should be to consider what is important to you and then find a solution that meets those standards.
What Should an Online eCommerce Platform Include?
When it comes to choosing an online eCommerce solution, there are some basic features that you will want to make sure you get.
- UX ease-of-use– You want your online sales platform to be user-friendly. You don’t want to waste time with technical problems that may arise because your technology is not up-to-par.
- Multimedia capabilities– If you are trying to share information with people through your products, you need to have a platform that will allow you to use multimedia such as video, photos, slideshows, and podcasts. This will enhance your message and allow you to also share your content on multiple platforms.
- Communication with customers– Being able to communicate with your customers and followers through your products is important too.
- Marketing options– You will want a platform that helps you with your marketing efforts so that you can promote your products to the world.
- Automation– Automating your online sales process is essential so that you will be able to make a passive income with minimal assistance from you.
Again, using Kajabi as a perfect example — it can be quite overwhelming for anyone to try and start a website or online membership site of their own. Through the use of the Kajabi platform, website creation is simply a matter of point and click or drag and drop. There is no need to touch a line of code or hire a custom designer, they’ve done all of the interface work for you.
Try the Demo first!
Once you find a solution that does these things, you should subscribe or try out a free version to see if it meets your needs. Shop and compare when looking for an online sales platform and remember that one of the best things you can do to prove you are an expert is to create an informational product. Then sell it! Also, if you try the trial version before buying, you lower the risk of purchasing a product you cannot use over the long haul.
You’ll be surprised how some things really are that simple.